Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Local de trab:
Avydium Solutions do Brasil
Avydium, is a services and consulting firm focused on innovative solutions in the areas of architecture and information management. Our mission is to bring incredible people together to develop and achieve amazing results.
In 2019, a Avydium was selected by CIO Review as one of the 10 most influential Enterprise Architecture firms and we were also selected by Silicon Review as one of the 10 best places to work in Tech. Well, that was in 2019. We are aiming higher. Much higher!
We are looking for people that want to change the world with us.
BEFORE WE PROCEED...
We want you to know we are not your typical startup - our team has seen it all so we know how tough things can be. We come from as diverse a group as you can imagine - services, government, healthcare, technology, law, arts; and we come from a lot of different geographical locations (Americas, Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa).
We are a very dynamic startup (half on the insane side, half on the chaotic side), and we welcome people with an entrepreneurial mindset, people that can pivot quickly and move forward even quicker.
But, above all, we want people who WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD.
You will not find people with the ‘nine-to-five’ or ‘not my job’ mentality here. We want people who are movers, and people who take charge and ownership of a problem.
If you are looking for that ‘nine to five’ mentality in a job, just know that this isn’t it.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and where they belong. We believe that people with talent, determination, and the drive to win should fly higher and freer.
- We believe people with talent and determination want and deserve to fly higher and more freely.
- We consider our differences to be more important than our similarities in creating a successful team. Only then can we all thrive and do our best work.
The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make it fun
- Always level up, never down
- Develop relationships and ELEVATE your teammates
Our statement on Diversity and inclusion:
Inclusion and Diversity are extremely important to us.
- We don’t just value differences, we seek them out and invite them in.
- We are really tired of people giving lip service to diversity - we embrace it.
- We want to be known as THE PLACE where people can be who they are.
- As a result, we will have better ideas, build better products and serve our customers better.
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, special need, legal status, Veteran status, Citizenship status, and any other statuses.
And, just to cover the legal side: we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHAT WE OFFER:
o Competitive compensation
o Performance bonus
• Amazing work/life balance
o 4-day work week
o Home office whenever possible
o Flexible work schedule
o Insurance (health, dental and life insurance)
• Child-care assistance
o Tell us what you need, we will work with you.
• Education assistance
o Education Assistance
We want you to get an education, so we will work with you on getting the education you need.
o Language scholarship
We provide subsidies for English, Spanish, and Portuguese courses
Jobs can sometimes be advertised as one thing and turn out to be another. We don’t want to mislead anyone. Ever.
So, here’s the pitch and what reality will be like:
• The pitch:
- We need an Executive Assistant that can work multiple administrative areas with multiple executives – a professional with initiative and resourcefulness to deal with an extremely complex and dynamic executive team.
- We want someone that can juggle multiple insane people at the same time and keep a friendly smile
- Because our executives are always running around, you will typically work on crisis mode
- We are looking for someone that can thrive in a chaotic environment and is willing to go the extra mile to get things done:
Our deadlines are tight,
Our people should be medicated,
The workload can sometimes seem high, but we try to make it as rewarding and as much fun as possible (no kidding!)
The fact we have a geographically dispersed team, with folks in Pakistan, India, Turkey, Nigeria, Brazil, the United States, and Europe, our teams can handle things pretty much around the clock.
WHAT WE WANT
We know we are picky.
We have to be - we want to make life easier on everyone.
And we want you to be successful. We try to find the right match to a position. Sometimes you may apply for a position that may be perfectly suitable to do, but we may have another opening somewhere that isn’t quite what we advertised, but you may be a perfect fit for that role.
• Excellent communication skills
o Ability to present complex concepts to teams with multiple levels of knowledge
o You will interface with a global development team across the world and will need to know how to work as part of a dynamic team, so you will need language skills:
Portuguese (Fluent - spoken and written)
English (Fluent - spoken and written)
Spanish (Some knowledge of Spanish would be great!)
• We need someone who can bring order to chaos and can thrive doing so.
• Someone who wants to take ownership and responsibility for
o Translating some business material from Portuguese to English/English to Portuguese
o Management of executives’ workloads and appointments
o Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
o Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
o Manage executives’ calendars and set up meetings
o Make travel and accommodation arrangements when required
o Rack daily expenses and prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly reports for executives
o Oversee the performance of other administrative staff
o Act as an office manager by keeping up with office administration tasks
o Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
o Take minutes during executive meetings
o Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
o Organize and maintain the office filing system
o Assisting with contracts and invoicing for work done
WHAT YOU NEED IN ORDER TO SUCCEED!
o You will need to be curious by nature – Really!
o You will need to want to know more – Always!
o You will want to get shit done! … Fast!
• Be a self-starter with a contagious “can do attitude”
o We have a motto here: “Lead. Lead. Always Lead”
o We believe in strong leadership (always from the front) and that pretty much translates into how we see our role in the world. Leading. Always leading.
• Experience in two of the following areas:
o Office administration
o Basic accounting and Invoicing
o Contract management
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED!
• Bonus Points!
o Translation work
o Marketing concepts
• Extra Double Bonus Points:
o Experience with content management
For web presence
o Management of Media presence
LinkedIn, facebook, twitter, Instagram
TOOLS WE NORMALLY USE ON OUR DAY-TO-DAY
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Google Suite
- Documentation tools (mind maps, visio diagrams, etc.)
• Seniority Level Mid-level
• Industry Computer Software
• Employment Type Full-time, Flexible hours
• Job Functions Executive Assistant
• Travel Not as a rule
• Location Rio de Janeiro
• Remote work Yes. But will need to be in the office as required.
WANT TO STAND OUT?
• Your résumé is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience.
• However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
o Cool!... we like videos…
o Just keep it clean!